Breaking

ABS-CBN’s Statement Regarding Dolphy’s Transfer to TV5

Mr. Bong Osorio, ABS-CBN's head of Corporate Communications issued a short statement regarding Dolphy's transfer to TV5.

Starmometer posted an article last January 26 regarding the alleged transfer of Dolphy to the Ka-Shake network. The rumor was confirmed last February 1 via Nitz Miralles‘ column in Pilipino Star Ngayon followed by a report by Ricky Lo.

The King of Comedy was an exclusive star of ABS-CBN for almost 2 decades. He said he made the decision after meeting with TV5 executives last week. The Ka-Shake station promised to give him a sitcom with some of his children.

In an interview by the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Dolphy explains his decision to transfer:

“I think ABS-CBN felt bad about it. But I just wanted to work. I’ve been waiting for a job for the past 3 years,” he said. “I love ABS-CBN, but I need to move on. I’ll be working with TV5 in the meantime, but anytime ABS-CBN needs me, I’ll just be here.”

ABS-CBN, on the other hand, via their head of Corporate Communications Bong Osorio issued a short statement regarding the transfer:

The 81-year-old comedian assured ABS-CBN that he will remain open if ever the kapamilya network needs him. His contract with TV5 is non-exclusive, therefore, he can come back to ABS-CBN in the future.

Aside from Dolphy, the Diamond Star Maricel Soriano also signed a non-exclusive contract with TV5. The Queen of Philippine Movies Susan Roces and the Optimum Star Claudine Barretto, on the other hand, transferred to GMA-7.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.




Shares