Star Cinema is set to mark another milestone in the Philippine horror genre as it presents Cinco.
The movie is a product of a new breed of creative and emboldened movie directors and visionaries that will push the horror genre to the next level. It was first conceptualized by two of ABS-CBN’s brilliant and creative minds, Enrico Santos and Joel Mercado, to give the viewing public five horrifying episodes with an unexpected threading by a single element, namely:
- Mata, topbilling Maja Salvador and Rayver Cruz, is directed by Ato Bautista. The cast includes David Chua;
- Mukha, starring one of ABS-CBN’s most in-demand TV hosts, Mariel Rodriguez. The episode is directed by Nick Olanka. It also stars Nanding Josef and Ketchup Eusebio;
- Braso casts Gigger Boys Sam Concepcion, AJ Perez and Robi Domingo under the direction of Frasco Mortiz, one of ABS-CBN’s young and brilliant directors. The cast also includes Cristel Moreno, Fred Payawan and Baron Geisler;
- Puso features Pokwang and Zanjoe Marudo under the direction of Cathy Garcia-Molina. It also stars Malou de Guzman, Empoy Marquez and Bangs Garcia;
- Paa, topbilling Jodi Sta. Maria. This is the first directorial job of Enrico Santos, the man behind ABS-CBN’s top-rating primetime shows such as Dyosa, Ligaw na Bulaklak, Habang May Buhay, Kung Fu Kids and Super Inggo.
“Cinco is taking a new and twisted look compared to your typical horror film. The episodes are interrelated, kaya dapat panoorin ng buo. Ipakikita dito ang iba’t ibang uri ng takot sa ating isipan,” says direk Enrico.
Also in the cast are Barbie Sabino (as Ana Dayos) and Shamaine Centenera.
Cinco opens on Wednesday, July 14, in more than 100 theaters nationwide
For details, log on to www.starcinema.com.ph.
Cinco online assets: