Nikki Gil replaced Luis Manzano in hosting the grand finals performance night. She and boyfriend Billy Crawford opened the night with a “Pinoy Pride” themed number.
6 singers, 4 dance groups, 1 band, 1 magician and 1 hoola hoop performer stepped-up their acts as witnessed by the jampacked Araneta Coliseum. But who among them has a great chance of winning the title?
Here’s our Power Ranking based on performance and audience impact:
THE FRONT RUNNERS:
1. Happy Feet – The tap dancing duo performed a routine to the tune of “Close to You” by Whigfield. They are no. 1 in our list because their delivered a fresh routine that was filled with joy. Their presence simply warms the hearts of the viewers and their act delivered goosebumps at the same time. One of the most applauded of the night, some even had tears of joy with their story.
2. Marcelito Pomoy – The male diva surprised everyone by singing both male and female parts of “The Prayer” by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli distinctly. At first I thought his previous performances were just for fun, last night I was surprised I had goosebumps during his act. Not to mention that he is the YouTube sensation for season 2 as Jovit Baldivino was in season 1. He is a potential winner!
3. Rico the Magician – His magic performance involving driving his wife and assistant through a spike and magically catching two geese transforming them into a 70-pound python were spectacular. The shock factor elevated this wild card contestant to someone who is “in it to win it!”
4. Freestylers – the dance group performed a multitrack dance and stunts performance, including a 12-foot dismount and somersault. Definitely the best dance act of the night with lots of wow factor.
5. Madrigal Siblings – The singing trio sang a patriotic medley composed of “Bayan Ko” and “Magkaisa.” Another grand finalist who stepped-up with their performance last night.
6. NielBeth (Leoniel Enopia & Elizabeth Dazo) – The ballroom dancing duo performed a salsa dance routine to the tune of “Let’s Get Loud” by Jennifer Lopez, highlighted by an impromptu costume change in the middle.
7. DJP Trio – they sang “You’ll Always Be My Number One” by Vernie Varga.
8. John Michael Narag – He sang “Kahit Isang Saglit” by Martin Nievera.
9. Buildex – He sang “The Lazy Song” by Bruno Mars.
10. B4 – The dance group performed a multitrack popping routine, using “I Gotta Feeling,” “Boom Boom Pow,” and “The Time (Dirty Bit)” by The Black Eyed Peas, “OMG” by Usher, “Nothin’ on You” by B.o.B and Bruno Mars, and “Fire” by 2NE1.
11. Angel Calalas – She twirled flaming hula hoops and multiple hula hoops and spun herself while hanging upside-down, all to the tune of “One Night Only” from the musical Dreamgirls.
12. Filogram – The dance group performed a multitrack dance routine, mainly using “Push It” by Salt-n-Pepa and “Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees.
13. Skeights – performed “Liwanag sa Dilim” by Rivermaya.
14. Jem Cubil – The singing heartthrob sang “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?” by Bryan Adams. He’s been a trending topic on Twitter because of his thousands of female fans. Will this translate to votes? Who knows, he could make an upset during the announcement of winner tonight.
Watch the “Pilipinas Got Talent Grand Finals” the live results night tonight (June 26), 8:15 PM, on ABS-CBN. PGT is hosted by Luis Manzano and Billy Crawford with Kris Aquino, Ai Ai Delas Alas, and Freddie M. Garcia as judges.