Breaking

2012 MYX Music Awards Nominees to be Announced on MYX.ph

After the success of MYX Charts app, which became the world’s most downloaded free music application in the Android Market, MYX, the no. 1 music channel in the Philippines, now embarks on achieving a new milestone, the MYX Music Awards 2012.

This year’s announcement of MYX Music Awards’ nominees on February 8 (Wednesday), 3 p.m., will be more special and fun, as it can be witnessed live via the top music channel’s equally patronized online platform www.myxph.com.

Last year was believed to be the emergence of fresh OPM acts and the return to original compositions. That’s why MYX Channel Head Andre Allan Alvarez wants to continue the channel’s legacy, as he aims to jumpstart OPM’s new Golden Age

It can be recalled that the 70’s was the Golden Age of OPM. Now, the MYX Music Awards proudly brings back this colorful era with a series of offerings that every music lover will surely love.

He added that every music and artist—be it rock, pop, R&B, etc.—has its own potential of getting known worldwide.

“As a music channel, MYX takes pride in letting artists perform no matter which network or station they belong to. So long as you’re a performer or a musician, MYX welcomes you, regardless of network affiliation,” Alvarez said.

At the live nomination, MYX VJs will also join in the fun, while Rock Princess Yeng Constantino, electronica-themed Somedaydream and Zia Quizon will spice up the event with their exciting performances. The nominations will also go in depth, as press people will participate in this timely discussion.

MYX Music Awards, which is the biggest award-giving body in Philippine music, aims to uplift and honor the best-of-the-best original Pilipino music or OPM. With the tagline “Your Choice. Your Music.” MYX has always been commended for being the venue of fresh talents to the biggest mainstream artists.

The fate of country’s most favorite artists are in the hands of worldwide music lovers. After the nomination, voting will officially commence and run until March 9 (Friday) 2012. Fans’ online votes will determine the 60% of a nominee’s total score, and the other 40% will be from the artists’ poll. For more information on the online voting everyone is encouraged to logon to www.myxph.com and www.facebook.com/MYX.Philippines and follow @myxphilippines on Twitter. Voters are only allowed to vote once per category a day.

The much-awaited MYX Music Awards 2012 night on March 13 (Tuesday) at the Music Museum will be streamed live on myxph.com for the very first time.

MYX (SkyCable Channel 23) is available on SkyCable Platinum, SkyCable Gold, SkyCable Silver and over 200 quality cable operators nationwide. For updates, download the MYX Charts app from Android Market and install free of charge.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.




Shares