Breaking

Jessica Soho Releases Another Statement: ‘I acknowledge the public apology of Vice Ganda’

After she released a statement on Tuesday admitting that she was hurt by the controversial "joke" of Vice Ganda (CLICK HERE FOR RELATED ARTICLE), Jessica Soho has released another statement earlier today following the comedian's public apology on the ABS-CBN noontime show "It's Showtime."

Jessica Soho

In a form of a statement for the press, GMA’s Vice President for News and Public Affairs acknowledged Vice Ganda’s public apology:

“I acknowledge the public apology given by Vice Ganda, by way of his TV program. I sincerely hope and pray that this was done with the purest intentions and determination to put this issue behind us.

Just to clarify certain points about my phone conversation with him – his call came without warning as his number was not programmed in my phone directory. I told him I wasn’t feeling well and I wasn’t sure I was ready to talk to him. But I clearly remember thanking him for his call.

As I’ve said, this is not about me, but about the issue of rape not being an appropriate subject matter for comedy. Rape transcends age, economic class, gender — and even one’s weight.

Once again, I thank everyone who gave their support.”

Conversations

26 Comments on Jessica Soho Releases Another Statement: ‘I acknowledge the public apology of Vice Ganda’

  1. Unclebob // June 4, 2013 at 12:40 pm //

    I understand if you had accepted the apology but our group Born free coalition had already filed a case against Vice ganda to serve as a lesson for him, filed before the Human Rights Commission to defend the dignity of each and everyone rights of a woman .

1 2

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.