Just like other mobile social app, KakaoTalk is free of charge. It’s available on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, Bada and PC. It allows users to send messages, pictures, video, URLs, contact details and schedule. It also supports voice call and group call with as much as 5 people.
The app currently has over 100 million users, with a maximum daily traffic of 5.2 billion messages (as of early this year).
- Group chat and multimedia sharing: Users can create group chat rooms with an unlimited number of friends in KakaoTalk. KakaoTalk supports sharing of text, photos, videos, voice notes, contact information and schedules.
- Free 1:1 and group voice call: KakaoTalk offers both 1:1 and group voice calls with as many as five speakers. Features including Talking Tom and Talking Ben voice filters add fun and excitement to voice chat. KakaoTalk is also the worlds’ first to provide free group calls in HD quality.
- Animated/sound/still emoticons and themes: KakaoTalk is the first mobile instant messaging service to offer animated emoticons and stickers, which users can include in their chat bubbles. KakaoTalk offers tens of thousands of different emoticons, including localized digital content in Japan and Indonesia.
- Security: Kakao securely encrypts all messages to ensure user privacy and all messages are deleted from the servers after a minimal length of time.
- “Plus Friends” feature – Designed to allow users to select and receive content related to their favorite brands, companies, and stars. Connect with K-Pop stars such as CNBlue, Wonder Girls, Big Bang, Girls’ Generation and Super Junior. This feature is available in the Philippines and other countries.
- Programs of KakaoTalk plans to eventually add Pinoy stickers.
For more information about KakaoTalk, check out their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/kakaotalkph and Twitter account: www.twitter.com/kakaotalkph. As part of their launch in the Philippines, they are giving away KakaoTalk Friends characters and emoticon.
Watch KakaoTalk’s commercial featuring Sarah Geronimo and Top of Big Bang here: