Maintaining proper liver function is essential in staying fit and healthy. When you have a healthy functioning liver, you improve the functions of your body system such as digestion, natural immunity and keeping the body stronger against diseases.
If the liver is unable to do this properly, toxins may get stored in the fat reserves thus the low energy, digestive problem and weight gain. In order to keep the liver nourished, consider several “Liver Loving” foods that can easily be added on your diet!
1. Apple cider vinegar with its live digestive enzymes making it helpful for the organs to function properly especially the liver.
2. Avocado and Asparagus are both high in glutathione which is the body’s most potent detoxifying agent aiding in removing toxins from the body.
3. Onions and Garlic are high in sulphur which helps the liver wash away heavy metals that can be toxic to our body.
4. Water, Green tea plus Vitamin C and Milk Thistle or Silymarin are good antioxidants that help promote the growth of new liver cells while strengthening the liver health thus the prevention of liver diseases. There are food supplements that are easy to buy which has the combination of Silymarin and Sodium Ascorbate but the only product that I have tried which I have been really happy with is LiverMarin. LiverMarin has Silymarin and Sodium Ascorbate that may help prevent over-production of insulin, manage SGPT/SGOT levels, prevent liver diseases such as liver cirrhosis and can even help prevent the liver from Hepatitis A and B.
5. Choose spices and herbs such as cayenne, cilantro, ginger, turmeric and parsley as these herbs that can support the liver’s detoxification process.
If you find time in adding these foods, your liver will surely be nourished much better than before!