Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) provides certification to technicians of pharmacy. It is a recognized privatized national organization.The main motto is to produce efficient technicians for pharmacies so that the patients receive appropriate medical care along with all other customers in the pharmacy.The certification is given upon successful completion of training by fulfilling the set of standards as formulated by the organization.
Popularity of PTCB
The PTCE test held by the PTCB is highly popular as it plays a vital role in the lives of the pharmacy technicians for them to get certified. The certification has immense use in the field of healthcare and also helps in providing effective and efficient technicians to their rising demand throughout the globe. The main center of attraction is its form to improve the standards of the pharmacies.
Reasons to Qualify in PTCB
There are several reasons why an aspirant desires to qualify in a PTCE. The certification helps in the maintenance, promotion, and administration capability judging and signifying the same for a pharmacy technician. The certificate itself has immense value as it is accredited on the national platform and programs for recertification for the pharmacists. This helps them to provide the most effective support to all the patients looking for support in a pharmacy and moreover maintain safety for all patients.
Ways to Pass PTCB
There are several ways in which an aspirant can pass the PTCB. Some of them are as follows:
- An aspirant can follow all the test guides available both offline, as well as online.
- The aspirants can actively participate in practice exams for PTCB.
- One can emphasize more on the natural ways to see the problems in the medical field; this provides a lot of help while appearing in the test.
- Solving MCQs can be of great use for aspirants.
- One must read all the questions very carefully before attempting the same. Over reading can prove to be invaluable at times.
- There is no negative marking, so one can guess the answers and fill up the same rather than leaving a blank space.
Details of PTCB
The PTCB administers and the head of development for PTCE (Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam). Technicians get certified after passing the test and are referred to as CphT (Certified Pharmacy Technician).The certification ensures the technicians to be competent, knowledgeable, and qualified for their post in the medical field.The Pharmacy Technician Board is involved in the development of several training courses and programsthat can be actively implemented by almost all pharmacies so that their technicians are prepared to pass the PTCE.
Tips to Pass PTCB
- An aspirant must clearly understand what to be studied for the test. Emphasizing the vital parts helps to a great extent.
- The aspirants must make themselves familiar with the format of the test by appearing in practice exams and by following study guides.
- Review courses are vital and must be attended by aspirants.
- All types of resources must be utilized and followed to score good marks.
Personal Experience of Passing PTCB
People who are certified as a pharmacy technician by PTCB after passing the PTCE have a lot to say about their experience. They usually say that the main center of the test lies in math operations. Apart from math, law-related questions and generic names of brands are also asked.One must study the math section to the fullest possible extent to pass the exam. Other questions depend on a common sense of a person visit www.prepaway.org.
Available Training Courses for PTCB
- Study materials.
- Courses of training.
- College programs for PTCE preparation.
- Exam contents(Online/offline).
- Exam format on PTCB official website.
- Practice Exams on PTCB official website.
- Practice tools available on the PTCB official website.
Helpfulness of PTCB Dumps
PTCB dumps are extremely useful as they help in creating a clear sense of topics, formats, definitions, and features for the test.An aspirant can gather all relevant data in the form of courses, training sets, practice papers both from the online, as well as the offline medium. This helps them a lot to prepare for the certification test in a quick span of time. The certification serves key points which can be helpful to memorize and all the important features can be well understood along with the relevant concepts for the test.
In order to understand the qualifying norms and eligibility criteria for taking PTCB test, one must have the following requirements:
- For appearing in the Pharmacy Tech program, an aspirant must possess any High School certificate or diploma or any equivalent. Applicants can also appear if they are studying and deem to get their certificates within a span of next sixty days.
- All related information for criminal history, registration, and license from State Board of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board code compliance.
- The individual must possess a qualifying score in the Pharmacy Technician Certification Test.
Career as a technician in pharmacies is chosen by many as this serves to be an initial and positive leap towards becoming a certified pharmacist in the future.The pharmacy technicians work very close to a certified pharmacist and also deal with many types of customers in the pharmacy related to the orders as per prescriptions and filling up the insurance forms.For maintaining the certification of PTCB, an individual must be recertified in a span of every 2 years.The recertification makes sure that there is a continuous up-gradation of their knowledge and practice that is gained with the twenty hours of education.